Brent River College provides education for up to 36 students, aged 14 to 16, in our KS4 provision. All our students have been permanently excluded from mainstream school.
Our students’ education has been disrupted and they more often start with us part way through KS4. We enter all students for examinations and all students complete the Key Stage.
Our focus is to ensure that students achieve qualifications to enable them to progress to Further Education.
|Year 11 Results Summer 2019||%|
|5+ Grades 9-4||13.3%|
|3 Grades 9-4||20%|
|3 Grades 9-4||40%|
|English grade 4 or better||13.3%|
|English grade 3 or better||80%|
|Maths grade 4 or better||40%|
|Maths grade 3 or better||60%|
|Number of students leaving with one qualification at L1||100%|
|Students progressing to Education and Training||100%|
We are pleased to report that:
- Our results compare favourably with those of other PRUs.
- 100% of our students were retained and have completed at least one qualification
- 60% of our students gained 7 or more qualifications
- All the students on our new C&G courses attained their qualification
- Attainment at grade 3 and above has improved
- Many students also attained ECDL, Functional Skills and PiXl Edge qualifications