We believe in achieving our aims through;
- Providing our students with a fresh start
- Getting to know and understand students and planning for their needs.
- Challenging stereotypes and prejudice
- Working sensitively with students but also with challenge and persistence to encourage their self-belief and progress.
- Carefully agreed challenging goals and expectations with regular monitoring and review.
- Being values based to build character
- Aiming for excellence
Learning and Progress
- Increasing self-esteem and independence in learning.
- Developing a positive approach to learning in a safe and supportive environment.
- The need for a broad and balanced curriculum and a range of learning opportunities, both formal and informal
- Providing teaching and learning that inspires and is based on the principles of assessment for learning
- The importance of working for a purpose and having achievement recognised through accreditation
- Maintaining as close an alignment to mainstream provision, as possible to support, reintegration.
- Creating a climate in which the management of behaviour is: “Firm, Fair, Flexible and Forgiving”.
- Ensuring that every student understands they have the right to feel safe, valued and respected, and to learn free from the disruption of others
- A zero- tolerance approach to behaviour which harms individuals or the community,
- Setting clear boundaries by challenging all unacceptable behaviour immediately.
- The use of Restorative Practices to create an environment where all members of the learning community work together to create a safe environment where learning can flourish
- Supporting independence in behaviour.
- Providing a nurturing and caring environment
- Offering support and therapeutic provision
- Working with students and their families
- Helping students and their families to access support from other agencies
- Working with a multi-agency approach, particularly to address safeguarding issues, including contextual safeguarding.
Developing a community of learners, that supports the concept of life-long learning for staff, students and their families