The internet is used for education and is now integral part of childrens’ lives. It gives many educational and social opportunities. Remember that many mobile phones can access the internet (depending on the contract). ICT also includes the use of digital cameras, DVD and MP3 players as well as games consoles.
There are a number of things you can do to safeguard and protect your child:
- Place the computer / laptop in a family area and not bedroom.
- Ensure that you have enabled the settings to restrict access for your child to appropriate websites.
- Monitor the tabs that your child has open.
- Discuss and explain set rules with your child and make sure he/she understands their importance.
- Resctrict access to the internet after specified times.
- Monitor use of Social Networking sites and ensure that your child is not being bullied or does not get involved in the bullying of others.
- Students put themselves at risk if they publish photographs of other people.
Rules for Students
To keep safe follow these rules: